There are many activities available to you whilst staying at Lake Sambell Caravan Park:
- Lake Sambell is stocked with trout on an annual basis; there are also Redfin and Yellow Belly fish in the water. Fishermen will require a fishing licence if over 18 years of age.
- The park has it’s own free Mini Golf course – help yourself to the golf sticks and balls available from the kiosk.
Volleyball and Badminton
- We have a net erected in the park, which is fun for a game of volleyball or badminton. Balls, bats and shuttlecocks are available for loan from the kiosk.
- The park is only 500 metres from the start of the Rail Trail. Lake Sambell Caravan Park caters for bike riders and can provide group accommodation rates. It is also a great place for kids to ride their bikes, or for serious bike riders to start or finish their Rail Trail experience. For more information visit www.railtrail.com.au
- The caravan park is near the Beechworth Mountain Bike Park. Mountains and forest surround Beechworth, making it a perfect location for bike riders. At the Mountain Bike Park there are singletrack, forest trails and gnarly 4WD tracks galore! See more at www.beechworthchaingang.com
- The park provides access to many walking trails including the walk to Lake Kerford, the path around Lake Sambell and we are only 10 to 15 minutes walk to the centre of historic Beechworth.
- As the park is located near the centre of town, it provides easy access to all the sights that Beechworth has to offer. To discover more about Beechworth, visit the website www.beechworth.com